Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kenny Cooper- Red Bull

I just happened to see that the Red Bulls international crossover match against Pumas was on ESPN stream and tuned in for a look.  All the MLS teams are taking a look at their personnel in real action as the season start gets closer,  so the presence of Kenny Cooper on the frontline didn't mean very much.   Even from a distance on the small screen,  Coop was easy to recognize with his loping style.   He had a couple of looks at the ball in the box, one shanked high and the other,  on a great feed from Dax McCarthy,  arriving awkwardly and ricocheting away.  


As I watched I concluded that what I wasn't seeing was any sign of ferocity or desire to tear up the carpet.  And I believe we're going to need a good dose of that here in PDX as the season opens.   Best of luck to Kenny.  I'm hoping the guys who're trying to fill his slot come to it fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment