Monday, July 12, 2010

Vicente del Bosque- Conductor de la orquestra de Espana. World Cup


"And when you have order talent presents itself better."   I saw this quote from del Bosque,  the manager of the Spanish national team, last week.  In my mind that sums up the team's play.  Yesterday's game was fine with me though there were a few moments that had me gnashing my teeth.   I would have been happy regardless of the outcome.  But was happy Spain won.  And that Iniesta was clearly onside on the replay.   A disputed goal would have been horrible.  Back to del Bosque.  His Wikipedia biography says he was born in December of 1950.  He's a year younger than I am.  Amazing.


I haven't heard anyone else comment on this, but if my calculation is correct the World Cup has changed continents, Europe and South America,  in alternate series ever since 1962 following Brazil's back-to-back wins.  That is until this Copa when Europe won in succession to Europe.   Of course, this presupposes that England is willing to be part of Europe.  Otherwise it's only a forty year pattern and not near a half century.   I don't know that this has any significance,  unless it's part of a conspiracy by the powers behind FIFA to make certain no one feels left out.  Naw, that didn't make sense even when I said it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment