Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My World Cup final four!

I'm going out on a limb here.   What a great final eight!  I love the fact that Ghana and Uruguay have both made it through, unexpectedly,  and one of them will go on for sure since they play each other.  My money's on Ghana.  They played well against good opponents and an African team in the final four would have a certain righteousness.  Okay,  I've been saying the Dutch will come on and make a good show in the tournament,  and this is the moment to do it.  I know all the smart money is on Brazil,  but I'm going to roll with the Dutch sneaking a goal in and hanging on.  I've gotta go with Argentina for the victory against Germany.  I think it will be a great game,  but the Argentines are on a roll and they have had a strong tournament.  Germany, even with an increasingly steady effort in the last game,  doesn't have enough guns to stop the South Americans.  So...the last game I've gotta call Spain just because I'd like to see them play more.  I think Villa's goal against Portugal was a sign of their capabilities though Spain's scoring wasn't as exuberant as either Brazil nor Argentina.   That's it!  Ghana. Netherlands. Argentina. Spain.   We'll see.   Regardless,  the games will be excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment